Problem with Akamai downloader RRS feed

• Question

•  

I tried to download sp3 from top downloads section, and installed akamai download manager. but download notification page immediately returned back into msdn home page, with no download started and no download manager started.

I'm using IE7 under XP SP2. does anybody have the same problem?

Friday, April 25, 2008 7:45 AM

Answers

• Evening Nclipse

Which versions of the OS are you using this with? Hopefully not the last release candidate?

What type of hardware adaptor are you using to connect to the net?

Have you updated the adaptor to the latest version of the driver available?

I have had better success with searching for the KB that downloads BIT 2.5 as mentioned here in support.microsoft.com/kb/923845

It allows for a complete download of the Sp3 regardless of what type of connection you are using. DSL,. cable, satelitte, usb modem, cell modem, etc etc.

Besides it makes the download more reliable then akamai manager, is designed to work with local and distant servers regardless of the changing download environment (read netowrk condition). And is designed to work with Sp2 and Sp3.

I believe it also allows for resuming of a download if your connection is interrupted. At least it did that when I looked for an interrupted download. It resumed from the previous stopping point *Noisey not quite reliable net connection*

Hopefully this helps you out

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:08 AM

All replies

• Evening Nclipse

Which versions of the OS are you using this with? Hopefully not the last release candidate?

What type of hardware adaptor are you using to connect to the net?

Have you updated the adaptor to the latest version of the driver available?

I have had better success with searching for the KB that downloads BIT 2.5 as mentioned here in support.microsoft.com/kb/923845

It allows for a complete download of the Sp3 regardless of what type of connection you are using. DSL,. cable, satelitte, usb modem, cell modem, etc etc.

Besides it makes the download more reliable then akamai manager, is designed to work with local and distant servers regardless of the changing download environment (read netowrk condition). And is designed to work with Sp2 and Sp3.

I believe it also allows for resuming of a download if your connection is interrupted. At least it did that when I looked for an interrupted download. It resumed from the previous stopping point *Noisey not quite reliable net connection*

Hopefully this helps you out

Friday, April 25, 2008 9:08 AM
  • Lads just to let everyone know.

Please be very aware that although it is a MS website the AKAMAI download manager will throw an error and MOST Users.

The best an most simple way to avoid this error. (its hurts to say;)  ) is to use Firefox.

Firefox has its own Download manager and therefore works.

Firefox can also support an IE plugin which will allow you to visit sites of MS that don´t usually allow you to use Firefox.

I hope this information has been useful to you.

Peace out bro´s
    Friday, February 6, 2009 7:38 PM