My hp with Win 7 HomePremium has become more than I can handle IT wise...somehow it has more server functionality than it should..HELP plz!! RRS feed

• Question

• I've been battling windows 7 and both my hp computers (a Pavilion p2263w & G60 NB) since the get go.  I have already done a system recovery on my Pavilion and I just got it in November.  It always seems to be an issue with security breaches or unknown files/folders.  Ive even read some code on an weird .ini file I found one time and it definitely seemed like it was malicious, and I don't go to any malicious sites; that particular one came from hp.com/support!  Seems like everytime I download a new driver my computer wants to become Windows Server 2003 and I dont know how to manage it.  My most recent problem is both my Notebook and Desktop today decided to go all, 'Virtual Server- messing with me'!  Im just sick and tired of messing with Windows services and trying to get permissions but dont have Group Policy or at least Home Premium isnt supposed to?! Im trying to get my network calm and secure all the time: Im a full time student and have a TON of Homework (Radiologic Sciences / Healthcare Admin) and messing with my computers is killing my time management from having to read MSknowledge articles, search endlessly for answers and spend 3 hrs a day just to figure out whats wrong or trying to.  I still cant get a homegroup started between the two ever since I sent off my G60 to hp to be repaired and new installation of Win7.  I've tried it all.  I have Norton Int. Security 11' for security along with Iolo System Mechanic Pro 10 (which is awesome), Norton on the other hand...errr.  So Please does anyone know anything about Win7 Home Premium having more Server Capability than it should?  and how to revert back??  IM sooo tired of reading articles! 8-|  Thanks to ANYONE who has an idea.
    • Moved by Ronnie VernonMVP Monday, January 31, 2011 10:38 AM Focus (From:Service Pack 1 RC for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2)
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 11:16 PM

Answers

• What do you mean by "everytime I download a new driver my computer wants to become Windows Server 2003"?
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Tuesday, March 1, 2011 7:41 AM
    Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:33 AM