The Solution for Speedtouch 330 driver in Vista RC1 RRS feed

• Question

• I've tried to get it working in Windose Server 2003 (SP1) compatibility mode, and it work

Friday, October 20, 2006 12:39 PM

Answers

• install  windows vista and do this

open the driver folder , right click on setup.exe , properteis ,  and in choose for the compatibility  win 2003 , ok the  install the driver and itll work

sorry for my Eng ...

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 9:30 PM

All replies

• i dont understand...

How do u mean? i have windows vista RC1 but i cant connect to the internet because of the drivers out of date for my speedtouch 330, so i had to re install my original XP and try to solve it, so far no luck.

So what exactly did you do to make it work for windows Vista 32x?

Tuesday, October 31, 2006 7:35 PM
  • install  windows vista and do this

open the driver folder , right click on setup.exe , properteis ,  and in choose for the compatibility  win 2003 , ok the  install the driver and itll work

sorry for my Eng ...

Wednesday, November 1, 2006 9:30 PM
  • God, thank you so much!  I have been trying to find a solution to installing NikonScan 4.1 on XP Pro X64 for almost 2 years now . . . an this is the solution!

I wish I could have gotten this from Nikon Software support 2 years ago!

Thanks,

Steve Bland

Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:21 AM
  • First off. You need to download both the Latest Windows xp 64bit and 32bit drivers.

http://www.speedtouch.com/software/ST330/R400/Installers/Windows/SpeedTouch330seriesR4.0.0.5.exe (64 bit driver)

http://www.speedtouch.co.uk/downloads/330/301/st330_3012_windows.zip (32 bit driver)

Now follow the following...

1) Make sure you remove any previous attempt to install the speedtouch 330 on vista. Remove all apps and drivers from the computer.

2) Install the 32bit driver. It should all work smoothly and install nicely.

3) Install the 64bit driver. Then Select the PPPoE option

4)When it asks for the VPI.VCI select 0.38

5) Start the install. carry it on then enter your information.

6) Resume the installation and it should crash.

7) Restart the computer (don't cold boot it)

8) Goto, start, connect to, set up a connection, chose your connection and re enter your information.

You should be all sorted. You can only connect through the windows vista connection, Don't fiddle with the Speedtouch stuff or anything till they release a proper driver for vista.

You can always email me but this is the only and working solution I have created

Saturday, March 10, 2007 8:16 PM
  • Thanks for this fix, it worked perfectly and saved me a lot of pain last night when I was trying to install my father's new Vista PC.
    Wednesday, July 11, 2007 7:55 AM
  •  
    thanks aloot ill check ur solution
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 11:27 AM
  • This all worked great, but since I installed my upgrade to Windows 7 (64 bit) I have not been able to get an Internet connection. Do you have variation on this or another solution for Windows 7?

It would be most appreciated.

Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:31 PM