outlook problems RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I have one pc with dynamic ip and outlook is configured in that pc and all the things are working fine until i set static ip and make that pc as a client.After setting static ip outlook doesn't send/receive any mails.

please help me with the right answer.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 11:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Check your network settings, possible when you set  the machine with Static IP, the machine may show no internet icon. Check on the router, if you have setup a range for internet only and maybe selecting an out of range scope.

Something changes on the connection.

Regards,

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:05 PM
  • i have good internet connection 
    Tuesday, April 24, 2018 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

Have you checked on the web mail to see if your account can send/receive successfully?

What's your account type? Exchange, POP or IMAP?

If you click Send/Receive button, are there any error messages?

Please check if the client is pointing to the correct DNS server as outlook as a MAPI client relies heavily on the DNS server.

If issue persists, please try creating a new profile to check the result.

Besides, you could also refer to this KB article for more details.

Any updates, please feel free to post back.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, April 27, 2018 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 3:12 AM
  • Hello,

The same question has been discussed here. Please refer the following link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/2d9f89c1-3ed9-4679-a8ad-b4d91daca4d5/problem-with-outlook?forum=winservergen

Thanks & Regards,
    Bruce Anderson
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Friday, April 27, 2018 6:50 AM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2018 10:33 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates with this issue?

Just to check whether my reply is helpful to you.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 27, 2018 6:49 AM
  • Hi,

Any updates with this issue?

Just to check whether the replies above are helpful to you. If yes, could you please help mark the useful post above as answer if the issue doesn't come back? It will be greatly helpful to others who have the same question.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, May 2, 2018 1:26 AM