System Management Container - Delegation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have inherited an existing SCCM2007 envorionment.  The 'Systems Management' container already exists in AD from the 2007 deployement, obviously.

We are installing SCCM2012 on a new server, and part of installation is delegating control of this container in AD for the new site server account in AD.

The question - Will granting the SCCM2012 site server account Full control of this container cause any ill effects on the SCCM2007 environment?

Basically, i don't want to break our SCCM2007 deployment, and I want to make sure I'm going about this the right way.

Thanks!

Thursday, September 26, 2013 6:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

No it will not cause any problems as long as you don't use the same site code for your SCCM 2012 site as you have in our SCCM 2007 site, which would cause a lot of Other issues as well and is not supported.

regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by DBruceM2 Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:22 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

No it will not cause any problems as long as you don't use the same site code for your SCCM 2012 site as you have in our SCCM 2007 site, which would cause a lot of Other issues as well and is not supported.

regards,
    Jörgen

-- My System Center blog ccmexec.com -- Twitter @ccmexec

• Marked as answer by DBruceM2 Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:22 PM
    Thursday, September 26, 2013 7:58 PM
  • Thank you for the quick reply!

I didn't think that it would cause a problem, but I wasn't 100% confident. Delegating full permission to a container in AD just caused me to second-guess myself. 

I definitely chose a different site code for SCCM2012. 

Thanks again!

Thursday, September 26, 2013 8:27 PM