Delegate sending a meeting invitation from Delegator calendar and include him as a participant, the email goes straight to his deleted items instead of his inbox RRS feed

• Question

• Delegate sending a meeting invitation from Delegator calendar and include him as a participant, the email goes straight to his deleted items instead of his inbox. 

We did verified the setting "Auto Accept/Decline" under calendar option and unchecked it. Still it has issue.

Kindly share the feedback to resolve the issue.

• Moved by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:45 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 1:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Are you using Exchange server?

As far as I know, this behavior is by design in Microsoft Exchange Server and Exchange Online. When delegates add themselves to a meeting, Exchange considers this as a confirmation that the delegates want to attend. Therefore, Exchange automatically accepts the meeting on behalf of the delegates.

Official link: Meeting is automatically accepted when a delegate is added as an attendee

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:45 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Monday, November 18, 2019 4:12 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 1:44 AM
  • I'm wondering if the information above is helpful to you.

If the reply helps, please help to mark it as an answer so we can close off this thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread :)

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 19, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Here I will provide a brief summary of this post for your information.

[Issue Symptiom]

====================

Delegate sending a meeting invitation from Delegator calendar and include him as a participant, the email goes straight to his deleted items instead of his inbox. 

[Possible Cause]

====================

As far as I know, this behavior is by design in Microsoft Exchange Server and Exchange Online. When delegates add themselves to a meeting, Exchange considers this as a confirmation that the delegates want to attend. Therefore, Exchange automatically accepts the meeting on behalf of the delegates.

[Reference Link]

====================

Meeting is automatically accepted when a delegate is added as an attendee

• Edited by Perry-Pan Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:04 AM
    Wednesday, November 20, 2019 9:04 AM