none
"Your computer has been compromised" RRS feed

• Question

• My husband and I both work with Windows 10.  On February 11, 2017, I was doing legal research (specific class action lawsuit) when I got a message stating that my computer had been compromised, website acdgbf.com, call 888-550-9410.  I turned the power to the computer off, waited about 5 minutes, re-fired and had the same message.  Again, turned power off, turned on, blue screen.  Took tower to repair, am waiting to hear from technician.

Today my husband got the same message on his computer.  We already know that turning the power off didn't do anything.  "Toggling" changed nothing.

We have no idea how to proceed.  We both work with Kaspersky for security, and we did not get a warning in either case.

• Moved by Barbara HenhaplMVP Sunday, February 19, 2017 12:15 PM No Project Server question
    Saturday, February 18, 2017 11:31 PM

All replies

• call 888-550-9410.

Sounds like a scam.  If it was on Edge a problem is that Edge may try to open everything it had open when it was last closed.  But that only happens if you open it without specifying a specific page to open.  So you could do that as a workaround, then close it with that page open and thus lose your association with the scam page.  It may also be a good idea to change your Edge settings so it doesn't do this.  You can find more discussion about this issue on the Answers Microsoft Community forums.

Robert Aldwinckle
    ---

Sunday, February 19, 2017 2:15 PM
  • Hi Judy,

It seems that you visit an unsafe website.

So far, please check if your computer could boot into Safe Mode:

If you could access Setting console, do these steps to boot into safe mode:

Click Start button-> Settings -> Update & security -> Recovery -> Advanced Startup

After restart, click Advanced options ->  Startup Settings, there you could select Safe mode.

More detailed information about the Windows 10 recovery console, please read this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

If you cannot access Setting console, you could follow these steps to boot into recovery menu:

Press the Power button at the Windows login screen. Then, press and hold the SHIFT key on your keyboard and click Restart.

If you could boot into Safe Mode without that message, please perform Clean boot to find out the third-party software or service conflict:

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

In addition, use your security software to scan the whole computer to deal with any threat.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 20, 2017 3:02 AM