windows display settings RRS feed

• Question

• I believe this is a windows software issue.

I use multiple monitors, but since a windows update, I notice an issue. If I cold start my pc, I have an interupt, (my main pc monitor will go to standby for 10 secounds while booting). Then detect and resume.

My diplay setting alway list my TV as number 1 monitor, which it is not. Windows is alway trying to start on that monitor.

Now the tie in is, I tried the windows short cut for monitor and projector. If I use this, I must turn on my TV to regain my main monitor. It will not come back unless I restart my PC. This is not a major issue, but it is inconvient. My TV is not my main monitor.

windows display has always listed my TV as number 1, Nvidia control used to display my main monitor as number 1, now it also say my main is number 2.

That is wrong.

I need to set monitor priority order.

(I have 3 monitors on my PC)

• Edited by larsel Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:55 PM
    Sunday, July 29, 2012 7:53 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

Perform a system restore before the issue occurs. To restore system will preserve all the software and files before the previous restore point. And all of your private date will be preserved.

Another way is to uninstall the update patch which you doubt manually. (control panel->Programs and Features->View installed Updates->”right click” and “uninstall”)

Best Regards.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Monday, August 6, 2012 6:16 AM
    Tuesday, July 31, 2012 6:38 AM