none
Publish Apache Webserver with Forefront UAG? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Just a quick question. I have installed Forefront UAG and have published Exchange and RD. We have another server running on apache which we need to publish for external users. These users will  not be on the AD (I can add them if required).

How Do i go about it? Do I have a make a new trunk? If there a way to set it up by having a link on the UAG portal? This is not a direct access server. Could someone please point me to the right direction? There was no option for setting up a 'webserver' in UAG. Im completely new to UAG.

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, October 16, 2010 10:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

It's true, UAG does not show an option to publish a "webserver", but I assume that what you actually need to publish is a web site. You do not need a new trunk for that, just launch the Add Application Wizard on your existing trunk and from the Web category of apps, select either the Other Web Application (application specific hostname) template or the Other Web Application (portal hostname) template.

Regards,

-Ran
    • Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Monday, October 25, 2010 10:12 PM
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Hi LP,

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that's specific to Apache or specifically different from IIS. I'd say go ahead and give it a try, and if you hit any hurdles, post back here and we'll try to help :)

Regards,

-Ran
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

It's true, UAG does not show an option to publish a "webserver", but I assume that what you actually need to publish is a web site. You do not need a new trunk for that, just launch the Add Application Wizard on your existing trunk and from the Web category of apps, select either the Other Web Application (application specific hostname) template or the Other Web Application (portal hostname) template.

Regards,

-Ran
    • Proposed as answer by Ran [MSFT] Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:29 PM
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Thanks for the tip Ran, I do have to publish a website which is running on Apache. Is there any else i might need to look out for when I configure the same? I heard its not the same as publishing IIS ?

Thanks

LP

Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:22 PM
  • Hi LP,

Off the top of my head I can't think of anything that's specific to Apache or specifically different from IIS. I'd say go ahead and give it a try, and if you hit any hurdles, post back here and we'll try to help :)

Regards,

-Ran
    Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:16 PM