none
Server 2016 Fax Server Email Notifications

Question

• Hello,

I am having issues getting notification emails and inbound email routing to work on a 2016 Server running Fax Server.  I have confirmed email works using the same settings I have set in there, and it's worked a couple times, but most of the time the email never even makes it to the outbound server.  Are there any logs that can let me know what's going on?

Monday, May 21, 2018 12:50 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

There is a a log from source:microsoft fax in Event viewer. You could create a custom view.

Best Regards,

Frank

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, May 22, 2018 3:05 AM
  • Hi,
    Just checking in to see if the information provided was helpful. Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,

Frank

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, May 23, 2018 7:30 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? 

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.
    If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.
    If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,
    Frank

Friday, May 25, 2018 7:52 AM
  • I can see the logs, but still not sure what's happening  - SMTP routing is failing but I know the settings are correct.  I can send plain text emails from the server with the same settings.  I just keep getting error

Unable to route fax C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Queue\1D3FEA972E450.tif to the requested e-mail address.

The following error occurred: 0x8004020E
     This error code indicates the cause of the error.

Check the SMTP server configuration, and correct any anomalies.

Friday, June 08, 2018 12:47 PM
  • Frank,

I marked that as the answer, as it did answer my question.  I am still unable to figure out the root cause.  I put out another query so hopefully someone will be able to help me. 

Thanks!

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 8:39 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your support and patience.

Best Regards,

Frank

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:14 AM