none
Outlook Crashes even in Safe mode but outlook web app is working fine for an Exchange Online user RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I have user who is able to access his mailbox using outlook web app with no problem but, when the user launches outlook it crashes.

Troubleshooting steps performed

1. Launch outlook in safe mode (Crashed)

2. Launched outlook using the resetnavpane switch (crashed)

3. performed quick repair on outlook (crashed)

4. Uninstalled and re-installed office pro plus. (crashed)

5. Created a new profile for the outlook (crashed)

Please let me know if there is any thing I am missing in the trouble shooting.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Is there any error message when you launch Outlook?

You can run SaRA Advanced Diagnostics that gives you the detailed information about Outlook configuration and provides solutions for known issues. Please refer to the following documentation for some troubleshooting steps and download SaRA there.

How to troubleshoot issues that cause Outlook to crash or stop responding when used with Office 365

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams. 

Wednesday, April 10, 2019 2:28 AM
  • Hi,

How is everything going? Do you run SaRA and what's the result?

If there is any progress on the issue, please feel free to let me know. 

Regards,

Dawn Zhou

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 15, 2019 9:13 AM
  • The SARA tool did not help. The only thing we did was exported the all the data from his new mailbox. Disable the old mailbox and created a new mailbox to the user and imported the data into it.
    Friday, July 26, 2019 7:46 PM