Same issue with the loss of access to 'Manage' function via right click on 'Computer' desktop icon ... RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I've tried almost all of the 'fixes' that appear to be floating around in the ether on the 'Net regarding this issue of the loss of the right click access to the Manage function from the Computer icon on the desktop in Windows 7.

When I try to access the function I get a popup window with an error message:

Not sure how on earth to go about resolving this, but it's a real pain !! Any assistance would be really helpful.

Many thanks

Monday, May 12, 2014 8:20 PM

Answers

• Go to C:\Windows\System32

find the compmgmt

right click the compmgmt and choose create shortcut

Cut (Ctrl-X) the shortcut and Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

Paste the compmgmt shortcut and rename as Computer Management (no need to add .lnk extension)

Mark as Answer if it's worked. Thanks. Balamurugan_Subramaniyan

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:48 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 7:55 PM

All replies

• Go to Run --> Type compmgmt.msc --> Enter

Does this works?

Arnav Sharma | http://arnavsharma.net/ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014 5:23 AM
  • Yes it does
    Friday, May 16, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Go to C:\Windows\System32

find the compmgmt

right click the compmgmt and choose create shortcut

Cut (Ctrl-X) the shortcut and Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools

Paste the compmgmt shortcut and rename as Computer Management (no need to add .lnk extension)

Mark as Answer if it's worked. Thanks. Balamurugan_Subramaniyan

• Marked as answer by arnavsharma Wednesday, May 28, 2014 4:48 AM
    Friday, May 16, 2014 7:55 PM