none
Failure (5627) Run DISM.exe-Appears to be when I try to do offline updates RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, could someone please give me some advice here.  I am trying to apply offline updates to my Windows image.  Long story short, I added a package with Windows 8.1 and added all of the updates for it. When I try to create my image, I Get a Failure (5627) Run DISM.exe 

I dug through the several log files and can see that it is the issue.  I disabled that Windows 8.1 folder and the image creates successfully, so I am 100% sure I am doing something wrong.

Advice?

• Edited by usgrcm Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:22 PM bad syntax
    Thursday, July 21, 2016 4:48 PM

All replies

• It might not be something you have done wrong. DISM adds the packages and sometimes packages require reboots, even when offline. You should look at doing a build and capture.

Many questions such as where do I find logs and what logs are interesting are found in: MDT TechNet Forum - FAQ & Getting Started Guide Please take the time to read it. Also if you don't post logs your problem won't be easily solved.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:20 PM
  • Yea,  that was my next option but it just takes FOREVER to go out and grab updates.  I was hoping for something  I could do in under an hour.

Thursday, July 21, 2016 5:23 PM