none
Search error. WARNING qrserver Error received while searching tcp/localhost:13050. Error: [18] No engine available for partition 0 RRS feed

• Question

• I rebuilt my index yesterday and now I get this error when I search through the search center"

The search request was unable to execute on FAST Search Server

My qrserver.log file shows this:

WARNING    qrserver Error received while searching tcp/localhost:13050. Error: [18] No engine available for partition 0

Searches from http://localhost:13280/ show this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SEGMENTS> <SEGMENT NAME="webcluster"> <RESULTPAGE> <ERROR CODE="1018">One or more nodes unavailable for search</ERROR> <ERRORDETAIL CODE="1018">No engine available for partition 0</ERRORDETAIL> </RESULTPAGE> </SEGMENT> </SEGMENTS>

Any tips on how to fix this?

kipper stiever

Friday, March 1, 2013 8:12 PM

Answers

• OK, I figured this out. After I removed a server from my FAST deployment I neglected to run this command prior to regenerating the deployment: Set-FASTSearchIPSec -create

For future reference, make sure you follow the instructions exactly as described here if you are removing a server from your FAST deployment: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff381247(v=office.14).aspx#server_remove

kipper stiever

• Marked as answer by kipperStiever Monday, March 4, 2013 6:29 PM
    • Edited by kipperStiever Monday, March 4, 2013 6:39 PM more specific
    Monday, March 4, 2013 6:29 PM

All replies

• As the error code suggests, one or more nodes unavailable for search.I would suggest restarting all search processes.

Friday, March 1, 2013 8:37 PM
  • nctrl status shows that all processes including search-1, qrserver, and qrproxy are running. I even restarted them to be sure. Still getting the same error and I'm stumped. 

The sharepoint logs are all clean. 

On the query node in the fast farm, I am seeing this in the qrserver.log:

[2013-03-04 09:22:12.733] WARNING    qrserver Error received while searching tcp/localhost:13050. Error: [18] No engine available for partition 0

Then I found this in search-1.log:

[2013-03-04 08:57:45.864] INFO       searchctrl-search search_node: Normalized dictionary in C:\FASTSearch\data\data_index\server.normalized.1359784990 is missing the merged/.fusiondictcounts_done file. It may be incomplete, and will not be activated.
    [2013-03-04 08:57:45.864] VERBOSE    searchctrl-search config_storage: Retrieving 23 additional files referred to from search_preload  file

I think I might have a clue here. The server mentioned above was removed from the fast farm is now a SharePoint WFE. This log is on a query server, which apparently thinks the other server is still part of the farm. How to I make this Query server aware of the the config change?

kipper stiever

Monday, March 4, 2013 4:15 PM
  • OK, I figured this out. After I removed a server from my FAST deployment I neglected to run this command prior to regenerating the deployment: Set-FASTSearchIPSec -create

For future reference, make sure you follow the instructions exactly as described here if you are removing a server from your FAST deployment: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff381247(v=office.14).aspx#server_remove

kipper stiever

• Marked as answer by kipperStiever Monday, March 4, 2013 6:29 PM
    • Edited by kipperStiever Monday, March 4, 2013 6:39 PM more specific
    Monday, March 4, 2013 6:29 PM
  • Thank you kipper for posting this
    Monday, March 4, 2013 7:23 PM