none
Windows 7 cannot share file and printer RRS feed

• Question

• My work place have 4computer win7

2computer cannot share file, other 2computer can share, ping is working

Windows cannot access \\500-PC

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with you network. To try .........

Network Monitor Capture File (.cap):  https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnrG8TYAUuovhU4aERdpKQLa6tk9?e=43KJLx

Monday, July 22, 2019 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you tried "\\ip address"? If it is not successful, what is the error message?

And you can also turn off the firewall and anti-virus program, then try again.

In addition, the forum is a public place and the information you uploads can be seen by anyone. Please modify the content of your post to avoid unexpected troubles.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019 9:44 AM
  • run \\ip address is not work, the error message is 

Windows cannot access \\500-PC

Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a problem with you network. To try .........

I also try turn off the firewall and anti-virus program, but still not work

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 1:48 AM
  • Hi,

Please check the permission settings on the shared folder to see if the issue is caused by this.

Also, please turn off the firewall and anti-virus program on all four machines.

Best regards,

Abby

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 2:44 AM
  • turn off the firewall and anti-virus program on all computer.

2computer can share network, another 2computer cannot share

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 4:52 AM
  • Hi,

Please turn on Network discovery and File and printer sharing on these four machines according to their network category.

You said that 2 computers cannot share network,is it that they can't access the other 2 computers or can't be accessed?

Best regards,

Abby

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 7:46 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you need further assistance, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,

Abby

Monday, July 29, 2019 1:28 AM
  •  Network discovery and File and printer sharing is always turn on

Now, only one computer cam sharing file and printer, another 3computer cannot share.

I never change any setting, I think it maybe cause of virus.

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Hi,

Based on my understanding, when you run \\ip address from other computers to access the computer which you called" only one computer can sharing file", the error message is that "Windows cannot access \\pc-name. Please check the spelling of the name. ...".

Best regards,

Abby

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

Just want to confirm the current situations.

Please let us know if you would like further assistance.

Best regards,

Abby

Monday, August 5, 2019 1:42 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best regards,

Abby

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 8:58 AM