none
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium Lock RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have had the following issue since first install, it is very sporadic and I can not figure out what is triggering it. 

Basically if there is certain network traffic the machine seems to completely lock up, when I first noticed it I thought it was because of Dropbox doing a sync on startup, the machine would lock up completely, no cursor/keyboard response. So as soon as the machine booted I would kill Dropbox and the issue would go away, nearly 90% of the time anyhow. I just tried to send a 1mb file via email and 4 times in a row it locked the machine up. 

Checked the logs and can find no indication of what the cause is, no relevant errors appear. 

If anyone may be able to suggest somewhere to look for a resolution I would be very grateful.

NIC: Ralink RT61 Wireless LAN Card v2 (64bit)

Thursday, May 6, 2010 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I would like to suggest you update the BIOS and the hardware drivers for Windows 7 first.

If it does not work, I also would like to suggest you temporary uninstall Dropbox to test the issue. You may also test the issue in Clean Boot to check if there are any software conflicts.

Regards,

Arthur Li - MSFT
    Friday, May 7, 2010 6:14 AM