none
Cannot bulk load because the file "C:\Users" operating system access denied RRS feed

Answers

• Hi TinVin727,

The Database Engine service must have permission of the Windows file system to access the file folder where database files are stored.  So please check following article.

Configure File System Permissions for Database Engine Access

Hope it will help you.

Bet Regards,

Rachel

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 8, 2019 9:31 AM

All replies

• I'am not solve it but i discovered some thing, When I log in my sql server management studio as sql server authentication the error was occur, but when i log in as windows authentication the import was success full. Do anyone can help me to make it working if i use sql server authentication.
    Monday, July 8, 2019 1:39 AM
  • refer permission for C:\Users\user\Documents\sample.  following permission need to give.

take screenshot as reference only path will C:\Users\user\Documents\sample

enter image description here

refer 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/14555262/cannot-bulk-load-operating-system-error-code-5-access-is-denied

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/37872.sql-server-installation-on-centos-linux.aspx

Monday, July 8, 2019 4:25 AM
  • I'am not solve it but i discovered some thing, When I log in my sql server management studio as sql server authentication the error was occur, but when i log in as windows authentication the import was success full. Do anyone can help me to make it working if i use sql server authentication.

Yes, when you log in with Windows authentication, SQL Server will impersonate you, and the file will be accessed with your permissions.

When you log in with SQL authentication, impersonation is not possible, so SQL Server accesses the file as itself. Thus, you need to grant the service account for SQL Server access to the file. Or move the file to a folder where the service account has permission.

Erland Sommarskog, SQL Server MVP, esquel@sommarskog.se

Monday, July 8, 2019 7:33 AM
  • Hi TinVin727,

The Database Engine service must have permission of the Windows file system to access the file folder where database files are stored.  So please check following article.

Configure File System Permissions for Database Engine Access

Hope it will help you.

Bet Regards,

Rachel

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 8, 2019 9:31 AM
  • - Thanks for this it won't work
    Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:50 AM