none
MS Project 2016 Professional: Function " split task" does not work RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

the option for "split task" is easily understandable in theory and couldn´t be simpler with only 3 mouse clicks in practice.

Unfortunatly I cannot get it to work how it should in my project gantt chart (it only moves the part of task bar from date selected without interrupt insertion, and adds it to the total - longer bar, longer task, no interrupt!

I had this tested by local support and colleagues over here, and even checked on You Tube that I am doing everything right (hard to do anything wrong really!), but it simply DOES NOT WORK. What else can I try here? Amended the timescale settings etc. already and looked at the project app settings, all looks like it should.  The function does not work as designed and I really do need it for my project plan to reflect the real interruptions we encounter in the project environment.  In short: Click on task to select-OK, click on interrupt symbol via extended menu or menu band-OK, move changed cursor shape over my task bar to the intended interruption date-OK,  moving the mouse held over to the right for moving part of the bar to new date - not OK! Just adds selected part of the task to the end. Has anybody got any ideas on what else I can try to interrupt my tasks, please? Or is there any kind of work around in a different project view maybe? 

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me on this and best regards from Frankfurt,

Christiane

Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:31 PM

Answers

• Hi,

just an update for other readers: issues seems to be related to a view, whiich may be corrupt. Split is working fine in other views and also after resetting view to default.

Barbara

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 1:12 PM