~Windows 7 professional 64bit, black screen with cursor after startup~ RRS feed

• Question

• After the windows starting screen I keep getting a black screen with cursor. Have the ability to move the cursor, but that's about all. Can't start anything, not even cntrl+alt+delete. I'm using windows 7 pro 64bit for a few months already. Haven't installed anything myself for the last week. Restoring system tells me a windows update happened the last time the PC was on, so I'm guessing that's what caused it, other then that I was only gaming a bit.

Already tried:

restoring system to a date where it did function through windows 7 install DVD.

repairing the startup through windows 7 install DVD, yet it gave no problems back.

repairing the memory through windows 7 install DVD, yet it gave no problems back.

Running in safemode, gives lower res (bigger mouse cursor), but still black screen without anything to do.

Sunday, December 12, 2010 4:58 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

According to your description, even in safe mode, the computer still got black screen.

Can you enter into the BIOS? (generally press F12 after opening computer)

I recommend you also contact the manufacture for hardware check.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:08 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for the post!

According to your description, even in safe mode, the computer still got black screen.

Can you enter into the BIOS? (generally press F12 after opening computer)

I recommend you also contact the manufacture for hardware check.

Regards,

Miya

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. | Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Miya Yao Tuesday, December 21, 2010 6:08 AM
    Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:28 AM
  • hello, 

I have the same problem and I can enter BIOS what should I do? the Computer is DIY 

thx in advance

Monday, January 3, 2011 11:56 PM