SharePoint displays reference, not value for autogenerated text fields in links/column headers RRS feed

• Question

• Recently we rebooted the SharePoint server and it died. I found the problem a day later but the SA tried to restore a backup which failed immediately. When I restored the correct Authentication Provider setting bringing the machine back up I found a weird result. No data was lost but the column headers for all lists that have autogenerated column headers now read the reference instead of the value. All Central Admin links as well as all "Enter New" for each list have the same problem.

Ex: should read "Add New Announcement" reads "$Resources:idHomePageNewAnnounce"

Ex: On the Application Management tab should read "Application Security then Application Providers reads "$Resources:ApplicationManagement_ApplicationSecurity_Title" then "$Resources:ApplicationManagement_AuthenticationProviders_Title"

Same for all links. Any ideas what happened or how to fix.

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 1, 2011 2:24 PM I don't see any reason for this being posted to the workflow forum (From:SharePoint - Workflow (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Friday, April 1, 2011 2:09 PM