none
Emails in OWA 2013 sent to a Group in a Public Folder Address book returns error: the message can't be sent right now. Please try again later.

Question

• Emails in OWA 2013 sent to a Group in a Public Folder Address book returns error: the message can't be sent right now. Please try again later. If you send to an individual from the same address book the email sends. Also, if I view the details of the group from within the email on the To: line I get the message "Your request can't be completed right now. Please try again later." Also, no members show up in this group from this perspective. However, if I go to the group in the Address Book under People, the group contains the members. I have found that the emails are going to the Drafts folder, but can't be sent. Our Exchange 2013 set up is 2 Mailbox servers and 2 CAS servers. Any possible suggested solution is greatly appreciated.

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:21 PM

All replies

• This isn't an Exchange question, but an Outlook question because a public folder with contacts in it is just that, a collection of contacts.  The only way to make it an address book is to make an Outlook Address Book.  For that reason, I recommend that you post this in the Outlook Forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlook/threads, and I recommend that you consider using a distribution group in Active Directory instead.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 1:31 AM
  • Hi,

Please check as below ways:

1. Firstly, please check if all the services are running especially the transport service.
    2. I suggest you to try different account and different browser and check if the issue persists.
    3. If it’s possible, please test send the message in Outlook and check the results.
    4. Does this issue affect all or specific users?
    5. Check if any event errors or warnings in Event log and post out in detail.
    6. Check the Protocol log in the following path and enable the protocol logging with the below commands:

• Get-sendconnector | Set-sendconnector -protocollogginglevel verbose
    • Get-receiveconnector | Set-receiveconnector -protocollogginglevel verbose

• C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpSend

or

• C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\Hub\ProtocolLog\SmtpSend
    • C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\V15\TransportRoles\Logs\FrontEnd\ProtocolLog\SmtpReceive

Then disable the logging level and check the logs.

Hope it’s helpful for you.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:39 AM
  • We see the same issues with our OWA. 

since this issue is not an Outlook issue I see no reason to post it in the Outlook Forum. This is an Exchange issue. It occured the first time after upgrading our platform to CU15.

Monday, February 13, 2017 8:50 AM
  • Thanks for your response Peter.

Have checked the questions I've mentioned above? Please keep updating if you have any new findings.

Regards,

Jason Chao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, February 15, 2017 1:52 AM