App reinstalling RRS feed

• Question

• I just installed my asphalt 8 game in my windows 8.1 pc and when I tried for the game it got installed and o bought it. It activated successfully, but due to some reason I had to recover my pc and the game is gone and it does not let me for reinstallation, it keeps saying your purchase couldn't be completed, please try again later..
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, January 10, 2014 3:06 PM Relocated from MGA Forum
    • Changed type kelvin_hsu Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:33 AM a
    Friday, January 10, 2014 4:04 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Normally, we don’t need to buy the game again when you use the same Microsoft account to login your computer. But after reinstalling Windows, we need to reinstall the previous installed app.

Regarding current situation, you just need to reinstall the app in your purchased products:

1. In order to install a purchased app on a different Windows PC, you need to open the Windows Store app.
    2. Open the Charms bar and then click on Settings. This will open the settings for the Windows Store.
    3. Click on Your account and then right-click anywhere on the screen. This will bring up the App Store bar at the top.
    4. Now you will see a list of apps that you purchased, sorted by the ones that have not been installed on the current PC first.

If we still fail to install this app, I suggest we follow these steps to disconnect your MS account in Windows store, then clear the Store catch and sign in again to check the results:

1. When you are in the Windows Store, use the settings charm, click on "Your Account" and sign out.
    2. Press the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open the Run dialog, type WSReset.exe, and click/tap on OK.
    3. Sign in Windows store with your account to reinstall the app.

If the issue still persists, please help to  collect the screenshot of error message and post back for research.

Kate Li
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by kelvin_hsu Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:33 AM
    Monday, January 13, 2014 1:09 PM