MS office Word 2013 Error " Invalid file name " RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I have faced an issue as Graphics filter is unable to convert the the file "

For this issue i upgraded the version of my MS Office from  2010 to 2016.

Now another issue is raising as "Invalid filename Try another one or more on the following "

Kindly help me with this issue.

Thanks in Advance!!!!!

Tuesday, April 4, 2017 5:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I noticed the error message, this issue occurs because of a 259-character limitation on creating and saving files in the Office products. Also, you receive an error message when you save or open a file if the path of the file meets the following condition for the appropriate program.

Microsoft Word: The total length of the path and the file name, including file name extension, exceeds 259 characters.

Microsoft PowerPoint: The total length of the path and the file name, including file name extension, exceeds 259 characters.

Microsoft Access: The total length of the path and the file name, including file name extension exceeds 259 characters.

Microsoft Excel: The total length of the path and the file name, including file name extension, exceeds 218 characters.

Note This limitation includes the three characters that represent the drive, the characters in folder names, the backslash character between folders, and the characters in the file name.

Please Make sure that the path of the file contains no more than the maximum number of characters. To do this, use one of the following methods.

Rename the file so that it has a shorter name.

Rename one or more folders that contain the file so that they have shorter names.

Move the file to a folder that has a shorter path name.

Best Regards,

Tao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Tony_Tao Wednesday, April 12, 2017 9:05 AM
    Wednesday, April 5, 2017 8:15 AM