outlook 365 email into outlook 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I migrated my domain to the Cloud, portal.office.com

before i used a third party vendor for hosting my e-mail. I downloaded my e-mail through Outlook 2016.

I got 2 questions;

1-How can i let my e-mail, when it is downloaded from Microsoft cloud(portal) to my outlook, automatically be deliverd into my own pst? This could be done with pop3/imap, but the portal.microsoft.com has a cahced exchange ost(i cannot change anything there).

2- When using a w10 pc with the default W10 e-mail client, that is configured to get its e-mail from the third party vendor where the e-mail was hosted, how/where can i change the emailserver into the server necessary to download the email from portal.microsoft.com? I cannot change any server in the default mailclient from W10 nor can i export the mails into a pst.

Many thanks for any feedback.

regards,

• Edited by enlil Friday, August 3, 2018 5:55 PM
    • Moved by Perry-Pan Monday, August 6, 2018 2:35 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2018 4:40 PM

Answers

• Hi,

>>1-How can i let my e-mail, when it is downloaded from Microsoft cloud(portal) to my outlook, automatically be deliverd into my own pst?

We can use a rule to move copies of receiving messages to the local PST file. Please refer to the following rule description.

By the way, for Exchange account, all your email, contacts or other items are saved on the server which can be accessed on multiple devices. If you want to backup your messages to local PST files, you could directly export items to PST files regularly.

One link for your reference: Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file

>>2- When using a w10 pc with the default W10 e-mail client, ....how/where can i change the emailserver into the server necessary to download the email from portal.microsoft.com?

Do you mean using Mail or Outlook 2016 client?

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, August 6, 2018 2:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by enlil Friday, August 17, 2018 9:25 AM
    Monday, August 6, 2018 2:33 AM

All replies

• many thanks for your reply. Think your sollution will only work when i need the ost to be converted to pst. What i want is my e-mail to autimatically be imported into my already created pst.

Also what i noticed is that i cannot add my migrated account into outlook for Android. tried it on 2 devices, am getting a password error. Password is fine though,can get into portal.office.com

when checking EAC, my devices aint blocked and the active sync is enabled.

tested a different account, that is having no problem. So what is the difference between tese 2:

the not-working account has admin rights at portal.office.com and that e-mailaddres used to be part of a microsoft account. it has been replaced as an alias and removed but that didnt work. BTW, cant i use a work emailaddress as my login to a microsoft account?

• Edited by enlil Friday, August 3, 2018 7:09 PM
    Friday, August 3, 2018 5:55 PM
  • ok, a new update. I removed the mailbox in the exchange admin center from office 365 and recreated it(with normal userights). I now can add the account in Android, i can mail and receive from android, those mails get into the https://outlook.office365.com/owa website but my outlook on my pc doesnt download them or sync the send items. I can send from my pc's outlook... 

update:

after removing this emailaddres from my pc's outlook, i cannot add it anymore. password isnt accepted.

• Edited by enlil Saturday, August 4, 2018 9:01 AM
    Friday, August 3, 2018 7:30 PM
  • and another update:

using the https://diagnostics.outlook.com/#/ tool resolved my problem with not been able to adding the e-mailaddres migrated to the cloud to outlook 2016. although my other installed mailboxes are unattached now, need to add them again.

Brings my question back to my previous 2:

1-How can i let my e-mail, when it is downloaded from Microsoft cloud(portal) to my outlook, automatically be deliverd into my own pst? This could be done with pop3/imap, but the portal.microsoft.com has a cahced exchange ost(i cannot change anything there).

2- When using a w10 pc with the default W10 e-mail client, that is configured to get its e-mail from the third party vendor where the e-mail was hosted, how/where can i change the emailserver into the server necessary to download the email from portal.microsoft.com? I cannot change any server in the default mailclient from W10 nor can i export the mails into a pst.

Saturday, August 4, 2018 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

>>1-How can i let my e-mail, when it is downloaded from Microsoft cloud(portal) to my outlook, automatically be deliverd into my own pst?

We can use a rule to move copies of receiving messages to the local PST file. Please refer to the following rule description.

By the way, for Exchange account, all your email, contacts or other items are saved on the server which can be accessed on multiple devices. If you want to backup your messages to local PST files, you could directly export items to PST files regularly.

One link for your reference: Export or backup email, contacts, and calendar to an Outlook .pst file

>>2- When using a w10 pc with the default W10 e-mail client, ....how/where can i change the emailserver into the server necessary to download the email from portal.microsoft.com?

Do you mean using Mail or Outlook 2016 client?

Any updates, please feel free to tell me.

Regards,

Perry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Perry-Pan Monday, August 6, 2018 2:34 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Perry-Pan Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:15 AM
    • Marked as answer by enlil Friday, August 17, 2018 9:25 AM
    Monday, August 6, 2018 2:33 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. Was the reply above helpful to you?

Regards,

Perry

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 1:36 AM
  • Hi,

I am writing to see how everything is going with this issue. If the information above was helpful, could you please help mark it as answer so it will be easy for other forum members who might have similar issues to find the useful one?

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, August 8, 2018 3:15 AM
  • many thanks for the reply. i am talking about mail, not outlook 2016. Noticed i cant Migrate i mail from 1 account to a new one nor export to pst. 
    Sunday, August 12, 2018 4:40 PM
  • Hi,

Are you using Outlook 2016?

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, we will troubleshoot issues based on client.

If you mean migrate data on server, you may have to post this thread to server forum to get a better response.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Monday, August 13, 2018 1:24 AM
  • Hello,

I migrated to a different hoster. Am using the mail app  and i would like to migrate the e-mails in the old mailbox(in Mail) to the new mailbox(also in Mail, same useraccount).

Regards,

Monday, August 13, 2018 10:16 AM
  • Hi

As here we mainly focus on issues regarding Outlook client, I'm not familiar with Windows 10 Mail.

Regarding the second question, you could post in this forum to get a better response.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,

Perry

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 5:58 AM
  • I would like to advice you solution. Some third party tools such as Kdetools, Dakontools, Sysdatatools can use to sort out the problem.You can try these tools to solve the problem.

best

regard

Friday, August 17, 2018 6:18 AM