none
Duplicate Groups many a time under tabs in MSP Professional 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• I find duplicate groups of commands under tabs like Task in MSP Professional 2016. For example if I have to add a summary task, I find 2 Insert Groups with Summary Task Button. Why there is a similar functionality provided side by side? Thanks

Ulhas Samant

Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:23 AM

All replies

• When you insert a summary task, the first task is the summary task, the second the first sub-task. You can add more tasks below them which will also be summarised by the first task by default.

Rod Gill
    Author of the one and only Project VBA Book
    www.project-systems.co.nz

Monday, April 18, 2016 2:55 AM
  •  observe 2 Insert Groups side by side

Thanks a lot. Pl go through the picture inserted. I was talking about the Group of commands like Insert ( which are repeated)

Ulhas Samant

Monday, April 18, 2016 10:04 AM
  • Did you install Project 2016 on top of an earlier version of Project?  There were some reports of similar issues when a newer version of Project was installed on top of a earlier version and the Global.mpt files were not updated. 
    Tuesday, April 19, 2016 2:38 PM
  • Yes, I did. I have  MS Project Professional 2013. Is there any easier way of managing this issue than uninstalling MSP 2013?  Do we have to rename or move some template files etc?  Any options from within MSP using File-> Info. Pl. do let me know . 

P.S. Hope you could zoom the image

Ulhas Samant

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 5:41 PM
  • I did uninstall MSP 2013. The problem still persists.

Ulhas Samant

Thursday, April 21, 2016 12:32 PM
  • I just used File->Options-> Customize the Ribbon and from the Pane on the Right hand side I removed those groups of commands which appear in duplicate. The problem is solved. The Ribbon does not have duplicate groups.  However some groups like Insert are not available for customization.

Ulhas Samant

Friday, April 22, 2016 10:30 AM