none
Need VB code for solving my problem as describe as under. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

Let me describe my architecture. I have implemented domain in my infrastructure(same building and remote location) . Some User ID having rights to install any software in any computer having the same domain and some other user ID does not having rights. But the problem is that an application need to update very frequently both location local and remote we can not share the admin password to user to install the update patch of the same application without log off the limited access user account. I wanna develop a program that can execute the setup file with admin Rights on all the systems without sharing the password. Please help me in this situation that what code I use to develop the same program.

Regards!

Mukesh Kumar

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:14 AM

Answers

All replies

• This is not a scripting question.  Perhaps you want to post in the platform forum for you version of AD.  You are asking a question about how to administer a domain.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 1:08 PM
  • Am asking for that what code I should use to make an application for this activity...

Actually I wanna make an utility to call that setup and run it with admin rights.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:16 PM
  • If you are asking if it is possible to bypass the UAC prompt, then the answer is no.

You cannot bypass the UAC prompt, and this is by design.

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:31 PM
  • I recommend using Group Policy to install software.  Group Policy has access to all settings and does not require an admin.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tuesday, July 22, 2014 9:53 PM
  • But the end user dose not having rights to install any software. I don't wanna go to end user system to put user id and password by any way either physical or remote.

Thats why I seeking code for by pass the UAC.

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:03 AM
  • But the end user dose not having rights to install any software. I don't wanna go to end user system to put user id and password by any way either physical or remote.

Thats why I seeking code for by pass the UAC.

Sorry but there is no way to do that with a script.  You must use Group Policy or walk around to each machine and type in the admin credentials.  THat is just how Windows works.

Sorry.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 7:07 AM
  • Thats why I seeking code for by pass the UAC.

As I already explained, you cannot bypass the UAC prompt, and this is by design.

FAQ: Why can't I bypass the UAC prompt?

-- Bill Stewart [Bill_Stewart]

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 2:26 PM