Computer Restore RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have accidentally deleted a file from my computer and I can no longer log into my user account on Vista.  My account is the administration account.  I want to restore my computer to a previous point but I cannot do this from the other user account on the laptop because the computer does not recognise my administration password.  I hope that makes sense.

How can I restore my computer, or get access to my user account again?

Michael

Saturday, February 1, 2014 6:58 PM

Answers

•  Hi MichaelSpy

Sorry for delay. When you can create the password rest disk, you should log in to your PC then go to the RUN and enter this text : compmgmt.msc (RUN-->compmgmt.msc), So you can manage all users and you can select the user and right click, and reset the password.

short description :

1- log in whit one user (Created by password rest disk)

2- RUN-->compmgmt.msc

3- right click and reset the password

Good luck and again sorry for this delay!

Future is mine!

Sunday, June 15, 2014 10:08 AM

All replies

• Hi my friend ,

First time , You should crate a Password reset disk for recovery your password. When You recovering your password , You cat try to the restore point...

You can get the something about password reset disk from this link

And this link about , how do you can Creating the password reset disk!

Also , You cat go to the Run , And type " compmgmt.msc " to show the locally user console (part users account )

Good luck !

Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:14 PM
  • Hi Sadegh,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have now created the password rest disk, but I had to do this from the second user account on my laptop because I cannot access my own.  Does the Password Reset Disk work for both user accounts?  and if so how do I use it?

Saturday, February 1, 2014 7:28 PM
  •  Hi MichaelSpy

Sorry for delay. When you can create the password rest disk, you should log in to your PC then go to the RUN and enter this text : compmgmt.msc (RUN-->compmgmt.msc), So you can manage all users and you can select the user and right click, and reset the password.

short description :

1- log in whit one user (Created by password rest disk)

2- RUN-->compmgmt.msc

3- right click and reset the password

Good luck and again sorry for this delay!

Future is mine!

Sunday, June 15, 2014 10:08 AM