Daily Summary alerts not working on modern communications site, Site Pages library RRS feed

• Question

• Using SHarePoint Online, both I and another user have set up an alert to send an email as a daily summary on the Site Pages list on a modern communications site.

It doesn't work.

An alert which sends an immediate alert on the same list works.

On a custom list in a different site collection, based on classic team site, an alert sending a daily summary does work.It seems the problem is related to either the Communications modern site template or the Site Pages library.

Has anybody experienced any similar issues and know how tog et around it? Or is this a known limitation with the modern template?

Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yesterday afternoon I done a test in my environment and did not receive the daily summary alert(immediately alert works fine). However, this morning, I receive the daily summary alert emails. The summary alert should send to me at 16.00, but in fact I receive it at 7:00 am.

I also test in other libraries/lists in the communication site and also receive the summary alert this morning(I should receive the daily summary alert at 17:00 yesterday afternoon). 

This turns out that daily summary alert can work in the Communications modern site, just has some issue on the received time.

I will suggest you wait for one day and check if you can receive the daily summary alert.

Also go to site settings > Regional settings and check the time zone of your site.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Wednesday, June 13, 2018 9:32 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going?

If you think my suggestion is helpful, you could mark it as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, June 22, 2018 2:51 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update in your issue?

Best regards,

Allen Bai

Tuesday, June 26, 2018 3:03 AM
  • I've waited several days, but have not received any alerts.
    Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:17 AM