none
microsoft visual c++ runtime library error problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everybody!

It's impossible for me to open Internet Explorer, because when I open it, it immediately says: 

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe

Whatever I try, nothing works. I can only click on the icon from Internet Explorer and after that comes the pop-up. Even when I press the windows button + R, type: inetcpl.cpl and click on 'ok'. Even then it wasn't possible to fix it, because even then it shows the pop-up from above. I have no idea how to fix this anymore, so I hope that somebody here can help me with fixing my problem. 

The windows I use is Windows Vista and I use Internet Explorer 9.

Monday, June 1, 2015 7:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Michael,

one of your web browser addons is incompatible with your IE version.

To stop Toolbar and Browser helper addons from being loaded in the browser....

Start>Control Panel>Internet Options>Advanced tab>uncheck "Enable third-party browser extensions"..... save your changes, then (for vista and xp windows versions), reboot for the full changes to take affect.

You should consider upgrading to at least windows 7. I don't think Vista will be upgradable to windows 10.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Rob^_^

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 3:32 AM
  • Hi Rob!

Thanks for your answer, but even when I click on the ´Advanced tab´ the pop-up comes up and I can't go any further. So I can't go to the Advanced Tab, because before I get there it shows the pop-up already...... 

Tuesday, June 2, 2015 11:34 AM
  • Hi,

Please check if you can open IE in inPrivate mode:

Run following commands:

iexplore.exe -private

If so, this issue can be caused by 3rd part extentions, run following steps to reset IE:

1. Press the Windows+R shortcut and enter the following command (watch out for upper- and lower case!):

rundll32 inetcpl.cpl ResetIEtoDefaults

2. Click OK, then Reset.
    3. Now reboot Windows.

If we still fail to open Internet options to reset IE, try the powershell method:

http://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Reset-Internet-Explorer-20f838e7

powershell.exe .\Reset-Ie-Default.ps1

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 5:43 AM
  • Hello,

Thanks for your help but that doesn't work either, I get the same and same pop-up every time I try something..... I have no idea what to do anymore :(.

Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:52 PM
  • Had similar issues with Vista and old IE...I switched over to Firefox for my default browser, that cleared up the many issues I was having....crashes, incompatibility, jerky and slow performance, etc. Vista will not support anything higher than IE9 AFAIK... And yes, you might consider picking up an inexpensive machine with win 8.1 New IE11 works reasonable well, and the upgrade to win 10 will be free... I finally bit the bullet as my old machine had a physical failure...the lid hinges failed, and the display would not work...Picked up a Toshiba Satellite laptop (Celeron, 500gb hard drive, camera etc) for a cool $200 at Best Buy... 8.1 will take a bit of getting used to, but not bad at all....can even be set up with a homescreen and icons just like your old Vista, (or XP)
    Good luck!!!!

BTW...the sound on the Toshiba leaves much to be desired...tinny and shallow. Not sure whether it is the audio card/software, or the speakers themselves... Am going to hook up a decent set of speakers to it and see....

Something else came to mind...now, I am not an expert in computers, probably know just enough to be dangerous...LOL!!! With your C++ runtime issue, maybe check your updates...might be that one of the C++ updates is corrupt/missing and needs repairing/replacing. Those who know much more than me please chime in!!!
    • Edited by ulmapache1 Monday, June 8, 2015 3:23 AM
    Monday, June 8, 2015 3:08 AM
  • Hi,

Would you please try to repair IE 9 on your computer?

Refer to this link:

How to repair or reinstall Internet Explorer in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/318378

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 6:09 AM