Error message: Runtime Error! Windows/system32/spoolsv.exe RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed my computer taking extra long to boot starting a few days ago.  I can't access the internet until the second message comes up after the error message.  This message says 'spooler subsystem app stopped working and was closed'.  I have Norton 360 protection and my operating system is Vista basic.  I've done an antivirus scan with no real problems detected.  The only time this message appears is when I am booting my computer.  Help!
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:18 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please try uninstalling\reinstalling the printer driver CD. If the issue persists, please perform the following steps to clear Printer Spooler files and enable the spooler service

1. Click the Start Button, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
    2. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
    3. Click Stop and click OK.
    4. Click the Start Button, type "%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers" in the open window, and delete all files in this folder.
    5. Click the Start Button, type "Services.msc" (without the quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.
    6. Double-click "Printer Spooler" in the Services list.
    7. Click on Start. In the Startup Type list, make sure that "Automatic" is selected and click OK.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, April 15, 2011 10:08 AM