Exchange 2007 Email Routing Schedule RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I receive emails from work via my exchange server 2007. I then redirected them using server side rules in outlook to my POP email so I can get them on my phone. Now the question I have is, is it possible to make exchange server only deliver email to that POP email account in specified time schedule?

Thanks in advance

Alan
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 3:59 PM

Answers

• You can create a separate connector for the smtp domain space of your POP account but scheduling is not possible as an inbuilt feature in Exchange 2007 and you may need to develop your own transport agent for it...

Amit Tank | MVP – Exchange Server | MCITP: EMA | MCSA: M | http://ExchangeShare.WordPress.com RSS

• Proposed as answer by Amit Tank Friday, July 17, 2009 6:28 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amit Tank Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:18 AM
    Wednesday, July 8, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Due to the design change in the exchange 2007, we can’t schedule specific time for mail flow anymore

Why do you need to restrict the delivery time for POP3 account? See if we can come up with some workarounds

Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:21 AM

All replies

• You can create a separate connector for the smtp domain space of your POP account but scheduling is not possible as an inbuilt feature in Exchange 2007 and you may need to develop your own transport agent for it...

Amit Tank | MVP – Exchange Server | MCITP: EMA | MCSA: M | http://ExchangeShare.WordPress.com RSS

Wednesday, July 8, 2009 6:03 PM
  • Due to the design change in the exchange 2007, we can’t schedule specific time for mail flow anymore

Why do you need to restrict the delivery time for POP3 account? See if we can come up with some workarounds

Thursday, July 9, 2009 7:21 AM
  • Hi

Because I dont want to receive email in the middle of the night.....

Thursday, July 9, 2009 10:39 AM
  • We can set the “Send/Receive” of POP3 account to “Manually” on the phone during the night. I understand that’s not an ideal method, yet it’s the only workaround currently, per my knowledge.

Or you can ask the vendor who provide the POP3 account for you, see if they can schedule a delivery time for the mails to your account

Friday, July 10, 2009 4:21 AM