none
Project Server administration delegation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello team!

After installing the product, I would like to delegate administrator permission to a group on the Project Server. Can anyone guide me how can I add domain specific groups in the roles of administrator and end users?

I hope I was clear enough, :)

Doria

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:19 PM

All replies

•  

Hi Doria,

Did you create separate group in AD for PWA administrators?

Using group AD synchronization option you can add multiple users in PWA

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg750243.aspx

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 8:23 PM
  • Hrishi Deshpande Hello!

Thanks for your reply. Excuse me, but I have not found the 'Active Directory Sync Options', then I included the domain users within the administrator group below; is that correct? Hope to have done correctly....

Doria

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:44 PM
  • Hi Doria,

The article that Hrishi pointed you to talks you through this, specifically in the section called Configure security group synchronization.  If you follow the document, you'll find it directs you to the correct web page, not the one you have pasted above.

Ben Howard [MVP] blog | web

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:53 PM
  • Yes, link I provided earlier can explain about the security model in PWA. To get you started here is what you can do.

For adding additional administrators, navigate to PWA>>Server Settings>>Manage User

1. Click on new user.
    2. Enter Display Name (Should match with Display Name in Active Directory), e-mail and Windows user log on as domain\userID
    3. Add Security group as administrator and Category as My Organization , click  on save.
    4. For adding other others create Security group in Active directly like  "EPMResources", add all users who need access to PWA site.
    5. Connect to PWA and navigate to Server Settings>>Active Directory Enterprise Resource Pool Synchronization
    6. Using Find group option, search previously created group and select the group name and click ok
    7. Click on save and Synchronize now.

Create another security group in AD for Project Managers like “EPMProjectManagers” , add AD users who needs to have Project Managers permissions one who will be creating projects.

1. Connect to PWA>> Server Settings>>Manage Groups
    2. Click on Project Managers group and select find group, search for EPMProjectManagers group , select and click on ok
    3. Click on “Synchronize Project Server Groups with Active Directory” and click on save and synchronize now

Please remember,

This is just a basic setup, you need to understand correlation of Security group and Category to define more precise security model in PWA. If you modify any default options in any security relayed options in permissions there is no option to reset to default. I would encourage you to perform these actions using TEST or Non-production environment just to understand the concept and provide some thoughts how you would like to setup permissions in PWA.

Hrishi Deshpande – Senior Consultant DeltaBahn
    Blog | < | LinkedIn

Please click Mark As Answer; if a post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful; if a post has been useful to you.This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 5:21 PM