WSUS products not updating in SCCM Console RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I know that Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 are not supported clients yet (until SP1 is released), however I am seeing a problem where the WSUS products types are not updating in the SCCM console.  Within the WSUS console I can see the Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 Products, however the SCCM console only sees the Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows 2012 RC. 

WSUS server is installed locally on SCCM 2012 Server.

So far I have tried:

• Selecting the new products in WSUS console.  When the next SCCM SUP sync occurs the new products get de-selected in WSUS.
    • I have Checked the Software Update Point component Properties in the Configure site Components area.  SUP is set to "Active Software update Point", sync settings are with MS Update, Sync occurs on a custom schedule at 5am daily.
    • Tried running manual sync

Apart from removing and re-installing the software update point role, have you guys got any suggestions?

Pete

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 11:59 PM

Answers

All replies

• The same is true in my testlab. I wouldn't do anything right now; just wait for SP1.

Torsten Meringer | http://www.mssccmfaq.de

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:39 AM
  • Getting the exact same issue however mine is still "Consumer Preview" and "Windows Server 8 Beta" 

Dont suppose you resolved this?

Friday, September 21, 2012 3:29 PM
  • I think you need to initiate a New initial sync to get Windows 8 and Server 2012 to the Product list.

The only way i managed to do this, was to reinstall WSUS and SUP and initiate a sync before selecting any Products and wait a few hours

Friday, October 19, 2012 6:30 AM