Embedded objects in emails sent to Service Manager (out of box or with Exchange Connector) are not added as attachments RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This is quite a critical requirement for us. Users will always tend to screen grab their error message and paste it into the body of their email.

Service Manager, unfortunately, does not add such objects as attachments as our current Altiris solution does.

I was wondering if anyone has found a way of doing this?

Thanks,

Rob

Tuesday, February 8, 2011 9:27 PM

Answers

• Hi Rob,

I saw a similar thread in which Travis replied (I can't find it now though :S ).

However, the reason why Travis didn't make it so embeded pictures were saved as attachment in the WI, was to prevent all these small signature pictures to be stored in the database. If the end user attach the picture as a regular attachment, it will be attached in the WI however.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    • Marked as answer by Rob.Ford Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Rob,

I saw a similar thread in which Travis replied (I can't find it now though :S ).

However, the reason why Travis didn't make it so embeded pictures were saved as attachment in the WI, was to prevent all these small signature pictures to be stored in the database. If the end user attach the picture as a regular attachment, it will be attached in the WI however.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se
    • Marked as answer by Rob.Ford Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 8:53 AM
  • You can use standard ADO\CDO ActiveX objects to parse the email and create your own workflow for email processing.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms527302(v=exchg.10).aspx

http://opsmgr.ru
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 10:51 AM
  • Thanks, guys. I suppose we do have a million copies of our company logo in the current system :)
    Wednesday, February 9, 2011 7:18 PM