none
How i can check weather someone is accessing my browser remotely RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I have a question if any one could help.I suspect that someone is using my Google chrome remotely can anyone tell me from where i can check weather it is accessed by someone remotely or not .I am using Windows 10.

Thank you!

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 11:37 AM

All replies

• I don’t quite understand your suspicions regarding someone using your Google Chrome, but over the years, from various websites, I’ve compiled this list of some things that can be checked to see if you’re being hacked:

1. First of all check if any rogue programs are running. Start Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Shift+Esc then on the Startup Tab, right-click and Disable any entries that are unknown to you. Repeat this for the Services Tab, where you can check an entry online. If you disable anything restart the computer.

2. It’s probably not relevant these days but this only takes a few seconds to check. Open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd and press Enter. Now type system.ini and press Enter. If under [drivers] there is an entry user=user.drv, you may have been hacked, so restart the computer and check again. An entry of timer=timer.drv is safe.

3. Now check the net statistics:

3A. Open a Run window (Windows Logo key+R), type cmd and press Enter. Now type netstat -ano and press Enter. If ‘Established’ is in the State column, make a note of the PID and the Addresses alongside it, as someone may be hacking you. If the IP Address begins with 192.168, you are safe as it’s part of your home network.

3B. Now open Task Manager again and go to the Details Tab.

3C. If the PID that you noted in 3A appears and it is not a name that you recognise, right-click it and End the task. You can click the word PID at the top to sequence the numbers to make it easier to find. Restart the computer and check again.

3D. If you didn’t find the PID, restart the computer and rerun the netstat –ano command. Open Google in a browser window and type the IP Address into the search box. If it’s a suspicious site, restart the computer and check again.

4. Lastly, run your ‘anti’ programs, which you should be doing on a regular basis anyway.

Ninety-nine per cent of politicians misbehave and give the rest a bad name!

• Edited by BurrWalnut Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:14 PM
    Wednesday, May 30, 2018 12:12 PM
  • My suspicions regarding someone using your Google Chrome is i found some irrelevant Google Searches in my chrome which i never searched. and the other thing is today i open my chrome and my google accounts which were alway there loge in was not there.I enter user name and password again to for loging in

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 1:04 PM
  • Hi Sahi,

Was your computer shared with others?  Did you login your Google Chrome account on other devices? 

According to your description, maybe the search history is synced across your multiple device using the same account.

Please verify the answer of the question BurrWalnut asked to narrow down if your computer is sneaked in.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 31, 2018 7:14 AM
  • yes I login my chrome accounts on other computer as well but some time not everyday. but the thing which bothered me is there were two account of mine which were showing on the top right of my browser .sometime i use to log in with one and some time with other.but yesterday morning when i turn on my laptop both were disappeared, non of them were showing.And all my stored password were cleared non of them were there. Is there any event viewer logs from which i could verify whether someone has done any change to my PC or not.  
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:28 AM
  • I also did the steps which BurrWalnut has given in his answer but there is no External user only my user and System i can see there in my task manager.
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 8:31 AM
  • If someone has logged on it will be logged in the security log. Open Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Security and look for logon, special logon et.c. and see if you find anything suspicious. 
    Thursday, May 31, 2018 9:50 AM