Head size issue RRS feed

• Question

• I have several VMware virtual machines that have a head side of 255.  This isn't supported with Microsoft Virtual Machine Converter.  I have modified the .vmdk files to decrease the head size to 254 but that still didn't work.  Any suggestions?

09/13/2012 09:57:15 -04:00  [4]  System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Heads values must be between 0 and 254.
    Parameter name: value
    Actual value was 255.

Thanks,
    Jim

Jim

Friday, September 14, 2012 5:33 PM

All replies

• Hi JimBo F,

i have the same issue by several VMWare VMs? How can i change the Head Size to 254? If MS wants everyone to switch to Hyper-V, he should create a converter without fundamental error at the first migration!

Thanks Steve

Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:16 PM
  • Jim

Can you please send the exception stack trace to MVMCDisc@microsoft.com? You can send  a screen capture if possible of the console output when running MVDC.exe. Also how was the source disk created in the first place? Please send the details.

Thanks

Anupama Vedapuri (MSFT)

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 3:47 AM
  • Hi Jim,

thanks for your replay. But your replay are to late. We have all the VMWare VMs migratet to Hyper-V with disk2vhd from sysinternals. All this without any Problems! I hope you update the Whitepaper with the abouve error.

Regards Steve

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 6:31 AM