none
Project Server 2010 cannot compile proxy assembly Project Server Services RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to compile Project Server Services dll by opening the source folder in the SDK and running compileWCFPRoxyAssembly.cmd. However, it fails to compile giving me error:

'sn' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Microsoft (R) Visual C# 2008 Compiler version 3.5.30729.5420

for Microsoft (R) .NET Framework version 3.5

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

error CS1548: Cryptographic failure while signing assembly 'c:\Program Files

(x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Project

2010\Documentation\Intellisense\WCF\ProjectServerServices.dll' -- 'Error

reading key file 'c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Project

2010\Documentation\Intellisense\WCF\PsiKey.snk' -- The system cannot

find the file specified. '

Any suggestion what is missing?

Or any suggestion for precise steps to be followed to compile the proxy assembly?

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:40 PM

All replies

• Check this location which has the PSI.snk key C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Project 2010\Documentation\Intellisense\WSDL

Copy the key file to the desired location and re run the proxy compilation

However on a side note if you use the ProjectServerServices.dll in your project it has all the references precompiled for all WCF's all you would need is a reference and call any WCF you would want, i prefer this method over using individual files or references to services  

Thanks | epmXperts | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:18 PM