Cisco Annyconnect & Wndows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• When selecting Cisco Annyconnect, a compatibility dialog message is displayed

original title: cisco anyconnect in windows 8 comes up with compatibility dialog, After clicking the check box not to display the dialog, the app no longer starts.

Cisco Annyconnect would not work after installing Windows 8. After changing the registry key currentcontrolset for vpna disolay name to remove the win 8 installation info from the name, the VPN worked just fine in windows 8. After a subsequent Windows log in, I started the VPN and I got the same "Compatibilty... " popup as when I first installed Windows 8, I chose to continue to connect and I connected successfully. In a subsequent session, I got the old popup with the "Compatibily..." message, this time i checked the check box to prevent future popups like this. BOOOOM! what a shame! the VPN does not start anymore! Unbelievalble!
    How do I un-check a check box that appears in a popup that when checked prevents the popup from popping up?

Saturday, July 7, 2012 2:47 PM

Answers

• I suggest report your issue to CISCO and post this in their forums too.
    Monday, July 9, 2012 12:21 PM
  • I also suggest you contact Cisco support for more information.

Meantime you may try the method that was provided in the following thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2138573

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:45 AM

All replies

• I suggest report your issue to CISCO and post this in their forums too.
    Monday, July 9, 2012 12:21 PM
  • I also suggest you contact Cisco support for more information.

Meantime you may try the method that was provided in the following thread.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2138573

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 3:45 AM