none
Timesheets not showing project tasks RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on my first instance (in Office 365) of trying to setup the integration between SharePoint and Project (like the old MS Project Server model). With the help of folks on these forums (and MS) I have gotten pretty far but have one last problem I hope someone could help me with.

I have a PWA SharePoint site with an associated project file, tasks on the project file (assigned to myself, added to the project file from the enterprise resource pool), and a SharePoint site that sees the project tasks and deliverables from the schedule, but when I look at my timesheet(s), I only see the 3 default tasks from the setup (vacation, admin, sick time). 

From the ribbon bar, if I select Timesheet/Tasks/Add Rows/Select from existing assignments - there are no options / schedule files. Note that I can add a personal task through this route and it shows up on my timesheet.

Also, the timesheet was added to the project site as a WebPart, form the edit page, Add WebPart, Category Project Web App, My Timesheet.

Looking at the site settings, Project functionality and Project Web App Connectivity are also enabled. 

Not sure if there is anything else that I missed? 

Thanks in advance!

Sunday, December 17, 2017 10:44 PM

Answers

• Okay I found out my problem - I created a "SharePoint Task List" project instead of an "Enterprise Project" type project file. The SharePoint Task list project doesn't sync resources, so nothing shows up in timesheets (as an example).

• Marked as answer by bjcsolns Monday, December 18, 2017 10:53 PM
    Monday, December 18, 2017 10:52 PM