Dial-in Confererencing RRS feed

• Question

• We have LYNC 2010 enterprise pool with standalone mediation servers. Dial plans and routes are defined and enabled EV for pilot users. Working fine. However when i try to configure dial-in conferencing, i don't see Dial-in Conferencing Region to associate in Dial plan. 

When i try to create new Dial-in Access number in Conferencing, there is no pool in drop down list to associate.

I don't see "Lync Server Conferencing Announcement" and "Lync Server Conferencing Attendant" services on my front end server

I am not sure if miss any server role to install on front end server or doing something wrong. Please guide me to configure dial-in conferencing.

Our pool consists 2 Front End Servers and 1 mediation server.

Thanks in advance

Tek-Nerd

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:50 PM

Answers

• found the issue. Dial-in(PSTN) conferencing role was not enabled on Pool. Enabled Dial-in conferencing role and ran setup on front end servers. Now i can see the above services.

Tek-Nerd

• Marked as answer by Tek-Nerd Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:21 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:20 PM

All replies

• It relates to a dial plan.

From Lync control panel:

Open your Dial Plan and you should see a field called "Dial-in conferencing region" it's probably blank. 

Put something in there and commit it. It should flow through to the Dial In Access Number section.

It does sound like you have some services missing.

Open Topology builder and download your current topology.

Browse to the pool and check that conferencing is enabled.

If not, enable it and publish your topology.

You will need to run the Lync Deployment Wizard again to finish the deployment

If this helped you please click "Vote As Helpful" if it answered your question please click "Mark As Answer" | Blog www.lynced.com.au | Twitter @imlynced

• Proposed as answer by Anthony CaragolMVP Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:04 PM
    • Edited by Georg Thomas Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:08 PM Inserted Image
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:03 PM
  • found the issue. Dial-in(PSTN) conferencing role was not enabled on Pool. Enabled Dial-in conferencing role and ran setup on front end servers. Now i can see the above services.

Tek-Nerd

• Marked as answer by Tek-Nerd Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:21 PM
    Wednesday, February 12, 2014 10:20 PM