Problem wich opening some attachments from Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• We receive mails form our distributor with attachments in .htm format. We found that on Windows 7, when trying to open those documents directly from mail in Outlook 2007 we see empty page. Also those attachments writed to disk are 0 bytes size and empty. The only method to open it is to write mail to the disk as .msg file, and open it from disk. Attachments from those files are opened properly. Also we've tried changing attachment manager options in Group Policy, but it does nothing. Any clue what might be a reason and how to avoid this behavior?
    • Moved by Carey FrischMVP Friday, August 28, 2009 12:12 PM Moved to relevant category (From:Windows 7 Miscellaneous)
    • Edited by Adam Giergun Friday, September 11, 2009 10:34 AM
    Friday, August 28, 2009 11:23 AM

All replies

• We found that the same thing happens with some .doc/.docx files. Another thing we found is that on Windows 7 upgraded from Vista problem does not exist.
    Friday, September 11, 2009 10:34 AM
  • I found that .docx files show up with a blank screen as well, but I DID upgrade from Vista (64 bit edition). Is there a workaround?
    Monday, September 21, 2009 12:58 PM
  • We are seeing the same issue on a fresh install of Windows 7 x64 and Outlook 2007 sp2.  Do you guys have any update on this?
    Aquila non captat muscas
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 6:47 PM
  • I am also having the same/similar issue on Windows 7 x64

If I open an Office document, the office program will open, but nothing will be in it. If I open the attachment a second time, it will open properly.

It's annoying.

Friday, April 2, 2010 3:17 PM
  • File Associations with the fix for me - changed .doc and .docx associations to WINWORD.EXE (instead of Word Viewer) and issue was resolved.

Hope this helps

Adena Wilder

MCSE NT4, 2000, 2003

formerly known as adenaw@microsoft.com

Adena Wilder
    Friday, February 11, 2011 10:58 PM