Problem selecting queues in userrole RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello all,

I've got the following problem; since CU3 ouis installed our custom made incident form erases all the fields when a service engineer clicks on "apply".

The information is saved, but the form has been emptied which makes a immediate followup tricky. I managed to trace back the problem to the userrole rights. If I edit the userrole to include all the queues than this problem doesn't occur.

However; the strange thing is that I need to check the option "All work items can be accessed" . If I use the combination "Provide access to only the selected queues" in combination with "select all", it DOESN'T work. Which in my opinion should be exactly the same? So apparently there is some sort of "internal" queue which is selected when I use the "All work items can be accessed" option.

The problem is that I cannot use this option, since I have implemented several dedicated Servicedesk departments in our SCSM setup, and they are not allowed to see each other Incidents. Does anyone have any insight in this? Is it possible to edit the userrole in an other way?

Regards

Martijn

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Queues and Groups are updated on a set interval - so once the incident is saved, it can actually take a couple of minutes until it's actually accessable for people in the Queue.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 9:30 AM
  • Hi,

Queues and Groups are updated on a set interval - so once the incident is saved, it can actually take a couple of minutes until it's actually accessable for people in the Queue.

Regards
    //Anders

Anders Asp | Lumagate | www.lumagate.com | Sweden | My blog: www.scsm.se

Hi Anders,

Thanks for the reply, however that's not the issue, if you fill in an incident form, and you click Apply instead of OK then the entire form is erased of it's content. If you change the userrole to include all queue's than this doesn't happen...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012 12:51 PM