none
outlook2010 running very slow

Question

• when open outlook , after outlook main windows appeared, mouse point turn to round about 40 second to 1 minutes. sometimes when send email, mouse point turn to round , have to wait. sometime window got freeze. I have 10 pst file store on a local server location, my coworker have 12 pst stored on local server but he don't have this slow issue. I have tried office2010 fix tool. pst file repair. disable add-in, but not solved the problem. 
    Friday, April 21, 2017 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hi,

>>I have 10 pst file store on a local server location, my coworker have 12 pst stored on local server but he don't have this slow issue.

Do you mean you store the PST files on a server side instead of the local client machine? The end users need to connect to the PST file saved in server side from Outlook 2010 in local machine.

Generally, it is not recommended to store the PST file over the Network drive. There might be some performance issue if you do that. For more information about it, please read:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/297019/limits-to-using-personal-folders-.pst-files-over-lan-and-wan-links

If the PST file issue is saved in local machine instead of the shared network drive in your scenario, please confirm if you have opened all 10 PST files in Outlook 2010 and the PST file size is too large.

Please try to remove all these PST files opened in Outlook. Create a new Outlook profile and open several PST files in new profile to have a try.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 9:33 AM
  • Hi,

Any further updates? Please let us know if you would like further assistance.
    If there is no problem, please mark an answer or answers so we can close off this thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, May 4, 2017 2:03 AM
  • I create a new outlook profile, and open all pst. but after that, outlook  never got email again. what is the problem.do I need delete old ost file in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook?
    Thursday, May 4, 2017 9:23 PM
  • I create a new outlook profile, and open all pst. but after that, outlook  never got email again. what is the problem.do I need delete old ost file in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook?

Hi,

What's your account type, Exchange account, IMAP or POP? In the new created Outlook Profile, please do not open all PST file, then confirm if you can send/receive new mails properly.

Also go to webmail for this specific mailbox, confirm if the mail sending and receiving is correct or not. Make sure you have installed all updates for Office 2010.

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Monday, May 8, 2017 5:31 AM
  • Hi 正心,

How about the issue currently? There is no updates about the issue recently. Has the issue been resolved?

If the replies above are helpful to you, please remember to mark an answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding :)

Regards,

Winnie Liang

Thursday, June 15, 2017 3:04 AM