none
Laptop keeps going into sleep mode RRS feed

• Question

• Iv had my hp laptop for 2-3 years now, its got windows 10, and just a few weeks ago it started going into sleep mode randomly and then i'd have to wait for it before i could turn it back on. Sleep and hibernation is both disabled on my laptop, and it cant be overheating because it will happen sometimes even though my laptop has been of for a few days. I'll be on my laptop for say 15 minutes and then it will go off, but if i then turn it back on, it wont last 15 seconds before going off again! usually i have to leave it a couple of weeks before i can actually use it again. I thought it might have been because of the amount of files and applications i had on my laptop but i deleted most of them and it keeps happening. I'd like to avoid reinstalling windows and loosing all my work.
    Im not sure if it could be related or not, but something happened to the charging port of my laptop and now even when its plugged in the charge doesnt go up, but it doesnt go down either, so i have to keep it on constant charge. Also, if you put any slight kind of pressure around the keyboard/bottom of the laptop, then it will shut down completely and restart.
    I do have insurance on my laptop and could just take it back to the store but i'd prefer not to be without it for the weeks it'd take to fix it. 
    Thanks to anyone that can help

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:38 PM

All replies

• Suggestions:

1.Update BIOS. Visit the website of the laptop manufacturer to download and install the latest firmware.

2. Update the graphic card driver. Visit the website of the graphic card manufacturer to download and install the latest driver.

3. Make sure you have installed all the updates from windows update.

4. Run the Power troubleshooter, use the following instructions:

1. In Windows, search for and open the Control Panel.
    2. In the Control Panel Search field, type troubleshooting.
    3. Click Troubleshooting.
    4. Under System and Security, click Improve power usage
    5. Click Next to run the troubleshooting tool.

See also:

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03383935

S.Sengupta, Windows Insider MVP

Tuesday, November 22, 2016 11:52 PM