Changing the backup path RRS feed

• Question

• i have inherited a sharepoint farm whereby a backup is run that saves a backup to a location on the C:\ this happens everyday and overwrites the previous backup. Now and then i move the backup onto my dev server and run a restore using powershell so that the sharepoint and dev server are the same.

What i need to do is change the path to another location on our network but realise that if i create a shared folder and mapped to the folder for the new location, it will only work when i am logged in. How can i change the path so it saves a backup?

Sunday, May 29, 2011 12:44 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that you want to change the path when  back up the farm .All the administrators members of the farm can perform the back-up to your newly created folder while other users cannot do that .You can achieve performing a back-up automatically everyday no matter who logs  in  by creating a scheduled task.

1.       First you can create a batch file which defines the back-up path and the directory .

2.       Then define a scheduled task to perform the batch file every day to back up the farm to the specific path .

For more detailed information ,please refer to this site:

Back up SSPs (Office SharePoint Server 2007): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc512094(office.12).aspx

If you have any more questions ,please feel free to ask.

Thanks,

Regards, Rock Wang Microsoft Online Community Support
    • Proposed as answer by Veera Raj Friday, June 3, 2011 11:38 AM
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Friday, June 10, 2011 2:59 AM
    Monday, May 30, 2011 11:23 AM