none
Sharepoint 2013/PWA - i want to save a site as a template and include the data/settings i've entered for all web parts except one. is there any way to accomplish this? RRS feed

• Question

• i am displaying a timeline web part on the site i want to save as a template. i want to include all content in the template except the timeline web part because when i do, each time i create a site with that template, the data source for the timeline is pointed towards the task list from the site i made the template from instead of the site i just created. is there a way to save a site as a template and include data EXCEPT for the data/settings for a single webpart (timeline)? i am really hoping to avoid having my team have to change the timeline data source every time they create a new subsite with my template. thanks so much for your assistance! it's much appreciated!
    Thursday, April 9, 2015 10:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Charlie*4,

There is no way to do such a thing.

BUT...

The data of your project site might point towards the project task lists because you created your template based on a site created from a project. You should create the template from a blank new project site from the site actions and not from a new project. This causes that the site points toward the project.

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Friday, April 10, 2015 7:12 AM