none
Add X-Envelope_To: header ?

Question

• Hi, it does not appear possible to add an X-Envelope-To: header to messages to show the original envelope recipient at the point it arrives at the exchange server.  i.e. it is not possible, in the mail flow rules, to obtain the envelope recipient.

Any ideas appreciated.

• Edited by azzaoh Tuesday, December 20, 2016 11:06 AM spurious characters
    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 11:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

According to your description, I understand you want to generate an 'x-envelope-to' header containing the original recipient.

Based on my knowledge, the only way to change message header is using transport rule in exchange. But I found no related action to add an 'x-envelope-to' header.

So we can't add an X-Envelope-To: header to messages header.

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 5:22 AM
  • That is correct.  It seems like an important element of the envelope to obtain.   I cannot understand why envelope information is not accessible?

Wednesday, December 21, 2016 1:11 PM
  • Hi,

Can you tell us why you want to add an X-Envelope-To: header to messages to show the original envelope recipient?

As we can find the recipients in the message head, as the picture below displays:

Best Regards,
    David Wang
    TechNet Community Support

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 26, 2016 5:46 AM
  • Hi, that image is broken for me.  Have you got another link to it?
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 12:02 PM
  • I want to add X-Envelope-To: header to messages  so that I can determine who they were originally addressed to.

Two messages might both look like they are sent to A.B@xyz.com but really the first was sent to Z@xyz.com and the second sent to Y@xyz.com.  This information gets lost because Z@xyz.com and Y@xyz.com are aliases of A.B.xyz.com

Thursday, January 19, 2017 10:43 AM