none
Inserting picture into background RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, not even sure the title explains this very well! Apologies.

I have gone into the MS online templates and used a resume and it has this cool picture option within a circle, only whenever I try to replace the picture, the option to do this is greyed out and I can't select it. If I try and remove the picture, it also removes the circle and the background as well.  How can I insert my picture into the circle and replace it with the existing one?  

Thanks - to clarify that guy is not me and I want to replace his pic with mine (he came with the template!) 

FP 

Monday, February 11, 2019 5:16 PM

Answers

• How this was created:

Create a shape.

Insert > Shape

Choose the oval and hold down the shift key when you draw it to make a circle.

Go to the Format (Shape) tab and widen the outline and pick a color.

Then under Fill, choose Picture. Pick your picture.

You could, instead, just select the circle (but not the picture) and pick your own picture as fill.

Charles Kenyon Madison, WI

• Edited by Charles Kenyon Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frecklepaw Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi FP,

Are you talking about the online template called "Blue grey resume"? 

If so, please follow the below GIF:

Hope it's helpful. Anything unclear, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:25 AM

All replies

• How this was created:

Create a shape.

Insert > Shape

Choose the oval and hold down the shift key when you draw it to make a circle.

Go to the Format (Shape) tab and widen the outline and pick a color.

Then under Fill, choose Picture. Pick your picture.

You could, instead, just select the circle (but not the picture) and pick your own picture as fill.

• Edited by Charles Kenyon Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:14 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Charles Kenyon Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:14 AM
    • Marked as answer by Frecklepaw Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:31 AM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi FP,

Are you talking about the online template called "Blue grey resume"? 

If so, please follow the below GIF:

Hope it's helpful. Anything unclear, feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Herb

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Office 2019.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 3:25 AM
  • Great response, better than mine.

OK, how did you do the gif?

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:00 AM
  • Hi Charles Kenyon,

Thank you. I think your reply is helpful as well. There are so may tools to do GIFs. In Windows Store, you can see many GIF maker apps:

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 4:34 AM
  • Thanks both Charles and Herb :) Perfect! I can now write up my freelancing CV with a picture on it, which I think adds a bit of an edge. I liked the round design as well. Great :) 

PS Herb - the GIF thing would come in handy for me when I am instructing my staff on how to use our software - are there any free/budget ones you can recommend? I wouldn't be using it all that often so don't want to spend a lot. 
    Great advice as usual, thank you! 

FP 

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hi FP,

I'm glad to see that you have resolved the problem. Please remember to mark the replies as answers if your question was answered appropriately.

In addition, there is a free tool called "ScreenToGif" published by Nicke in Microsoft Store, and the above GIF was created with it.

Hope it's helpful.

Best Regards,

Herb

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Great, thank you :) 
    Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:31 AM
  • You are welcome.

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 8:38 PM