HTML5 Portal extremely slow when using catelog groups and user roles to control access to request offerings. RRS feed

• Question

• I have implemented the HTML5 self service portal, and set up two service offerings with a pair of requests in each service offering.  one is intented for all users to have access to the other is limited access for certain power users.  to enable this I have created a Catelog Group for each Service Offering and corresponding user roles that have access to only one or the other of the Category Groups. and those user roles have an AD group as the only member.

When a user who is in either of those AD groups accesses the portal in can take in excess of 30 seconds to open and navigating around the portal site is similarly slow.  When a user who is in a different role (eg. Advanced Operators or Administrators) with access to all catalog items opens the portal site it opens in an acceptable 2-3 seconds and navigation is similarly improved.

I have moved my test user from one of the scoping AD groups to a group that puts them in the Administrators user role and their portal performance jumps immediately.

I have also modified the scoping AD groups to provide access to All catalog items and again the portal performance immediately improves for users in those roles, and when I then limit the catalog items accessible to that user role portal performance drops again.  So I am absolutely sure that the issue is caused by Service Manager taking a really long time to resolve catalog item permissions when access is limited.

Has anyone else encountered or is able to replicate this issue?

Friday, October 7, 2016 5:29 AM

All replies

• I should note that we are running scsm 7.5.3079.504 (R2 Hotfix for Update Rollup 7) and that the portal has all 3 hotfixes applied.  I have checked the release notes for Update Rollup 9 and there is no mention of this issue or anything like it being addressed by that update.

Additionally I have just learnt that the performance hit affects the console as well.  That is if analysts are in a group that does not grant them access to all Catalog Items then the console becomes extremely slow taking 30+ seconds to open work items.

Also I should add that the permissions setup itself works and the test users only see the service offerings I want them to see.
    Friday, October 7, 2016 5:36 AM
  • Hi,

Did you ever solve this? If so it would be good if you could post the solution to assist others. If not, at this stage, as nobody has answered, I would recommend that you call CSS support if the issue still exists.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:15 AM