none
Split-Image command on MDT 8443 with ADK 10.1.15063 RRS feed

• Question

• I want to split my image WIM file for my media build, but the command appears to be wrong when issues by MDT.  I'm using MDT 8443 with ADK 10.1.15063, but the command argument passed after /SWMFile refers to .WIM rather than .SWM output.

What am I missing here?

<mdt log output>

Starting MDT Media Update
    Opened the media deployment share.
    Error detected running command: 'D:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Assessment and Deployment Kit\Deployment Tools\AMD64\DISM\dism.exe /Split-Image /ImageFile:"E:\DATA\MDLZWIN7x86PROD\Operating Systems\BWIN7SP1X86\BWIN7SP1X86.WIM" /SWMFile:"E:\DATA\MDLZWIN7x86PROD\Operating Systems\BWIN7SP1X86\BWIN7SP1X86.WIM" /FileSize:1024' Exit code is: 32
    Error text is:   Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool  Version: 10.0.15063.0      Error: 32    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.    The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log 
    BcdEdit returned an error.

Hopefully someone else has seen this issue as well

Friday, November 3, 2017 6:43 PM

All replies

• I have not encountered the issue myself, but based on the error above, the WIM file appears to be in use and / or inaccessible.

Cheers,
    Anton

Vacuum Breather Blog | Wing Commander Saga | Twitter

Note: Posts are provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind. If posts are helpful please don't forget to rate them as "Helpful" or as "Answer".

Friday, November 3, 2017 8:53 PM
  • Yes its in use because dism is trying to access the referenced wim at the same time.  If I run the command manually specifying .swm instead of .wim for the /SWMFile argument, it works correctly.

I'm guessing this is a bug with MDT.

Friday, November 3, 2017 9:35 PM
  • Check this https://deploymentresearch.com/Research/Post/543/Splitting-WIM-images-in-MDT-2013-Update-2

also you may like to use

http://www.osd-couture.com/2013/11/how-to-allow-mdt-2013-to-use-wim-file.html

Principal Consultant

• Edited by v-juanmm Sunday, November 19, 2017 6:45 PM
    Sunday, November 19, 2017 6:31 PM